What Challenges Do Men Face After Getting Divorced?
Just because men do not face the same problems as women do following divorce doesn’t mean they face no challenges. The challenge is even greater for those who have been married or in a relationship with the same person for many years. One thing that has changed dramatically is in the dating world—pickup lines men used to get by with using are no longer acceptable. In fact, women in the 21st century may even find some of those old lines degrading. Things have changed so much since the turn of the 21st century that sometimes men aren’t even sure where they can meet women today, especially if they have no interest in the bar scene and want a woman able to hold an alcohol-free conversation.
Help for Financial Concerns – Credit-Yogi.com
There is no doubt men and women face financial challenges following divorce. However, men are usually on the “sending” rather than “receiving” end of the challenge. There are many challenges that may face men in the process of or following divorce including:
- Stress related to alimony and child support payments.
- Fear they may lose the love of their children.
- Stress over losing financial control.
- Struggling to learn to do things they always depended on their wives or significant others to do such as cooking, grocery shopping, cleaning, paying bills, doing laundry, etc.
- Returning to the dating scene while also having to schedule time to be with the children.
- Having to re-enter the dating scene in the 21st century after years of being married or in a long-term relationship.
- The need to become more directly involved in child-rearing after always depending on the wife to handle the biggest part of those duties.
- Learning to make new friends besides those you share with your ex-spouse, especially female friends that are unmarried and unattached.
Another challenge men might face after a divorce is the creation of a workable schedule of visitation with the children. Unfortunately, this can sometimes create problems because some women who learn they are facing divorce use the children as leverage to get what they want in the divorce. Although some men will wait for the court to decide, others would prefer to give the woman what she wants just to ascertain they can see their children.
Schedule a Free Consultation for Help with Divorce & Separation or Call Our Toll-Free Number 800-397-1755
When you Call our lawyers- it is free (live agent 24/7) Consultations provide an in-depth evaluation and free legal consultation