Choosing the right divorce lawyer can make all the difference in your divorce outcome. Divorcing parties often hurry to get it over with. As a result they fail to research their choice or check references. Before you hire anyone, take time to research and confirm their qualifications. So, you need an attorney with the ability to litigate your case effectively.
Verify Credentials of a Divorce Lawyer
Before you choose a divorce lawyer, verify their credentials. For example:
- Are they licensed in your jurisdiction?
- Is the license current?
- Do they have enough experience?
Positive answers to these questions are a good sign. Failure to investigate before you hire a lawyer could result in disaster.
Choose a lawyer experienced in the specialty of family law, and before you hire a divorce attorney, do your research. How much experience do they have in divorce law? A general practice lawyer may handle some divorce cases. However, a family law attorney better understands divorce law and procedures. Recommendations from a friend or co-worker may help, but you still need to follow up and investigate. Because experience comes at a price, you also need to consider the lawyer’s fee structure.
Conducting Your Initial Investigation While Choosing a Divorce Lawyer
In the initial phase of your investigation, look for these four markers:
- Current and valid credentials, including license, certifications, awards, and education
- Enough knowledge and expertise in divorce proceedings to avoid complications
- Personal recommendations from friends or co-workers
- Fee structure comparable to other attorneys in your area.
Good research pays off, and as a result, you will employ the best person to represent you.
Both Parties Need Representation
Are you on the “receiving” end of the divorce? For this, you need to hire an experienced family lawyer, and you increase your odds of an fair settlement. Also,you need to research to find the best advocate for your rights.
Therefore,Choosing the Right Divorce Lawyer with extensive experience in all aspects of a divorce case, including:
- Equity in the marital home
- Proper disposal of the marital home—quit claim, assignment of deed, or sale
- Child support
- Child custody
- Spousal support or alimony
- Continuation of health insurance for the children and spouse when permitted by local law.
- Fair distribution of monetary assets and tangible property
- Distribution of debts
- Future distribution of retirement accounts
If all this work to find a lawyer is stressing you out, Legal Yogi can help.
Turn to Legal-Yogi for Help to Choose the Right Divorce Lawyer
Legal-Yogi’s experts can save you time and lower your stress levels. Additionally, we help you find the right divorce attorney from among our extensive network of legal professionals. Simply call toll free 1-800-397-1755 or fill out the form on this website. Someone will respond quickly.
Schedule a Free Consultation for Divorce Help or Call Our Toll-Free Number 800-397-1755